Our Services To You
St Luke’s Combined Hospice was established in 1980 providing palliative care to patients after facing a variety of incurable and life threatening illnesses and diseases. By caring for the dying, the dedicated caregivers of St Luke’s Combined Hospices bring life and loving care to over 650 patients a day.
The organisation’s unique and holistic approach has made it a national leader in palliative care. St Luke’s Combined Hospices is not a place where people only go to die. It’s a caring and compassionate environment that focuses on quality of life, on making every moment count, no matter how many of those moments are left. Because there are times, when a disease no longer responds to curative treatment, and when a terminally ill patient needs more than just relief from physical pain, they need psychosocial, spiritual and bereavement support.
This support extends to our patient’s immediate families and relatives for a period of up to 13 months after the death of a family member.
This support is given, irrespective of the patient’s ability to pay for the service, and regardless of race or religion. For this purpose, we have a dedicated interdisciplinary team comprising of Community Nurses, Medical Doctors, Social Workers, Spiritual – and Bereavement Counsellors.
In-patient care comprises of an 18 bed Unit situated in Harfield Road, Kenilworth, Cape Town, South Africa.
What we stand for
As family of St Luke’s Combined Hospices, we honour palliative care as the reason for our commitment.
- We commit ourselves to professional, loyal, honest, responsible and respectful conduct that engenders trust and values diversity.
- We strive for ethical practices that are reflective and therapeutic and we recognise and acknowledge positive outcomes.
- We will be guided by policies and procedures that create an environment of excellence.
- Our management and leadership will empower and educate others to their full potential ensuring sustainability.
- We will communicate at all levels to ensure our well-being and optimise our resources.
Within St Luke’s Combined Hospices, governance relates to the consistent leadership, management, cohesive policies, processes and decision-rights for a given area of responsibility. Governance has a dual focus of achieving the organisation’s social mission and ensuring the organisation is viable.
Get to know Our Heroes